Monday, February 18, 2008

 

Nice guys and non-Hendrick cars CAN finish first!

After last years Daytona debacle, it's feels SO good to start the season on a high note.

Personally, I set my DVR to pause so I could fast forward through all the pre-race festivities.
I'm sorry, I just don't enjoy the onslaught of usually talentless hacks.
Although it's nice to see that NASCAR is finally catching on to what performers the fans want to see. (but Chubby Checker???)

Back to the race; in my opinion it was one of the most exciting I've seen in a LONG time. It was great to see it not turn into the usual 3-wide racing parking lot game of follow-the-leader.
You just can't drive those COT's like that.

And is it me or does Montoya seem to spin out at LEAST one car a race?
I'm just not a fan of that fuzzy little foreigner.

And the finish..wow. We couldn't be happier!!
We here at The Lodge LOVE Ryan Newman.
Why?
He's a nice guy, he's smart, he loves animals and anyone who can tolerate that lunk-head Keebler as a teamate HAS to be a saint!
But our hats are off to Keebler today because if it weren't for him, Ryan wouldn't have crossed the finish line first.
So...for once we say (gulp); nice job Kurt..and thanks.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?