Wednesday, August 09, 2006

 

1 day!!!!!!!!!!!

This will be the last blog entry prior to race weekend and,..what can I tell ya. We’ve been semi-giddy since day 10. Maybe longer.
Now reality is really kicking in. It’s here! And we’re excited!

I know a lot of people typically don’t go to the track until Sunday morning but wow; you’re really missing the whole experience when you do that.
Any fan will tell you that you have to go for the entire event. That includes qualifying and practice. Why? Because you need to be out and among the people. It’s not just about the race itself; it’s all about the sights, sounds, smells and general socialization.

Granted, we don’t camp. Personally…it’s just not something I enjoy. I don’t need to stay at the Tajmahal but I’m not a fan of sleeping on the ground, using a community shower or a bathroom the size of a phone booth. (although I have used one that size the last two years!)

Tomorrow will consist of what we call the pace lap; hitting some wineries on the way down, checking into our new sleeping and showering quarters; of which I’m SURE we’ll have some stories to tell about when we get back, and a trip into the “office”. (see post below)

We also have a satellite “office” at Bleachers Sports Bar & Grill. It’s become our second home mostly because of the personalities of the workers AND because it’s where my cohort can get her yearly order of Buffalo Chicken Wings. You can’t get that good shit down in Chattanooga, TN.

If you ever visit Watkins Glen make sure you stop and order a chicken sandwich at Mr. Chicken. We even caught Mike Helton and John Darby there last year so it obviously comes highly recommended by the NASCAR brass.

So that’s it for now! We can’t wait to get there and get our first whiff of the track and hear the roar of the revving engines.

If we’re not back by Monday night, send out a search party!

Comments:
I know you'll have a good time, and I envy you for that.
*
Why do you have a "comments" section on here if you never let them show? Every one is 0 Comments. I don't understand that at all.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?