Monday, July 03, 2006

 

"Does this crown make me look fat?"

I must admit that I'd much rather be watching racing at Daytona from the comfort of my air conditioned living room than be there in the sweltering heat.

Some observations from the weekend:

BORING- Dale Jr totally dominates and wins a Busch plate race. What's his next move; play trivial pursuit against a bunch of 6-year-olds for cash?

INSPIRING- Seeing the drivers all lined up, standing in front of the American Flag. Too bad Dick Cheney had to come up and block our view of Scott Riggs and his mini-me of a son, Layne. (at least Dick wasn't armed)

EXCITING- The end of the 400. Let's face it, the beginning was interesting, the wrecks were few, far between and fortunately we never saw "the big one" The ending was thrilling for anyone who has been dying to see Boris and his "Said heads" bald at Watkins Glen.

INTERESTING- For once I recognized the whiney side of Jeff Gordon. You can't blame drivers who want to make the chase for racing hard to the finish kiddo. Now go see Ingrid for some sympathy. (your life isn't that rough buddy!)

FRIGHTENING- Wondering if Tony would make it out of the Daytona grandstands in one piece. I made a joke during week 1 of the season about him scaling a fence and jumping into a fan-filled mosh pit (granted, I figured it would be at Indy) but I didn't actually think he'd go through with it!
http://shareabrain.blogspot.com/2006/02/things-that-make-you-go-hmmmmm.html
My biggest concern was some dumb Bubba giving him a "way to go" smack on the back and re-injuring that bad wing of his. I wonder how many fans were hurt when security and his team mates walked him out of there. I saw a few get "run down" in the process.
You have to wonder if the Busch brothers would've had the same problem? I think the fans would've parted like the red sea or run THEM over as they were heading the exits!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?