Monday, April 10, 2006

 

Deep in the heart of Texas

I wax nostalgic every time the April race in Texas rolls around. I was fortunate enough to attend that race back in 2002 and although the main event was rained out Sunday and run Monday, although the track is in the middle of NOwhere and although the traffic getting out is ridiculous, it was a memorable time and makes me enjoy watching the event every year since.

A few random thoughts about yesterday:

The anthem was AMAZING. Hands-down the best this year. I got to see Little Big Town open for Keith Urban this past fall and they did not disappoint with their remdition. Proud of 'em. Sang it quick and straight.

I have no real opinion on the president giving the command to start engines. He's pretty good at reading cue cards, and that's all I'll say about him.

I didn't feel bad in the LEAST seeing Keebler spin the Bug-eyed-dummy into the wall. My disgust of the Roush team is pretty well documented and seeing one jackass spin another is usually the highlight of the day for me. The best part is after BED's girlfriend smacked her water bottle down in disgust she toed her stupid ass down to Keebler's pit and allegedly had some words for the blonde on the #2 cars pitbox w/the huge rock on her hand. I bet it was quite an intellectual conversation.

Looks like the problems on the 38 team last year had nothing to do with their crew chief. (Poor Tommy Baldwin) I have to laugh at RYR and their issue-solving skills. DJ's gone through crew chiefs like Beccy Gordon goes through drivers and they still can't get the shit corrected. Let me give you a hint Robert...maybe it's the DRIVERS??

Ryan Newman is a man of few words but his post-wreck interviews are as funny as any interview of Tony's. "I'm pretty sure Sterling Marlin's hair piece just got in his eyes and he couldn't see what was going on". Let's take a vote; whose rug is worse? His or Spencer's bouffant? (see pic below)

Nice to see Kasey Kahne in victory lane again. I repeat; poor Tommy Baldwin.

Both of my favorite drivers finished in 7th this weekend. I didn't get to see the Busch race but Scott Riggs' run yesterday was pretty fucking impressive. Evernham had two of their three cars really dialed in. I'm sure that 10 driver was disappointed as hell but it shows how freaking important qualifying is sometimes. Damn it!

Hoppy Easter everybody!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?